Art and imagination. Time spent creating is always time well spent. My favorite creative projects are those that combine storytelling and creation. So today I am sharing a really simple and fun paper craft that is a great project for kids PreK through third grade. I encourage you to have the kids follow up this project with the creation of a poem or a story about how it feels to wear the crown or who might wear their crown?
** This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.**
What You Will Need for Your Paper Crown Craft
- Crown Printout (Print Here)
- Glue Stick
- crayons, colored pencils or paint
How to Create Your Paper Crown
- Print your packet. (If using watercolors, consider printing on watercolor paper.)
- Color bands and then cut them out and measure how many you need to crown each child’s head.
- Trim as needed and tape together each piece but leave laying flat. You won’t tape into a circle until the final step.
- Choose which cutouts each child wants and cut them out. Then place on the band until you find a design that suits each student. *You probably won’t use all the available cutouts.
*Flowers in circles are meant to make cutting simpler for younger students but all students can use those as well.
- Time to color using chosen median.
- Use a glue stick to attach your flowers and other pieces.
- Tape into a ring fitting the childs head.
- Let dry before donning crowns and turning your imagination on full.
- Complete the story sheet in the pattern printable while wearing your beautiful crown.
We hope you have so much fun with this paper crown craft! We would love to see your pictures wearing your paper crowns. If you want to tag @geezgwen on Facebook or @geez_gwen on Instagram we would love to feature you!
More Fun Craft Projects from Geez, Gwen!
- 3D Hanging Heart Valentine’s Day Craft
- Fall Pressed Leaf Painting Prints
- Bee Happy Fingerprint Art Project
Recent Posts From Geez, Gwen!
- Easy Summer Kids Crafts
- Award-Winning Summer Books for Kids
- Unique and Meaningful Mothers Day Gift Ideas
- Ten Genuinely Fun Date Ideas Perfect for Spring Romance
- Best Mother’s Day Quotes To Inspire Mothers
Ocean-Themed End of the School Year Sheets$0.00
Summer Reading Challenge PacketProduct on sale
Little Bird’s Day Out Language Packet$9.99
Easter Packet for Kids$4.99
Nature Poetry Unit Study$14.99
Natural Easter Egg Dyes Egg-periment$0.00
Easter Story Snack Pack Tags & Scripture Cards$5.00
Paper Crown Pattern Printable$3.99
Thanks for visiting Geez, Gwen today! We are so glad you found us! We are not believers in coincidence so we are confident you are here for a reason! We are a family-focused blog so we have a lot of inspiration and encouragement for you and your loved ones. Perhaps we can offer you some simple yet tasty recipes to make your weeknights easier? Perhaps you’ve been wondering how to bring your family closer together or strengthen your marriage? Maybe you’re looking for fun family activities you can enjoy together. Perhaps it’s been too long since your last date night and you need inspiration. Maybe you just want to know the truth about what we homeschoolers really do all day! Whatever it is, it’s clearly Destiny at its finest! Don’t let this opening door of opportunity slam shut! Run through by subscribing to our newsletter?
Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission whenever a product is purchased through these links. Occasionally I receive products in exchange for a review or giveaway post. The owner of this website, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking http://geezgwen.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. However, all opinions expressed on Geez Gwen are solely my own, and I only suggest products or services that I believe will be helpful to my readers.