Fun and Easy Halloween Treats
I love simple and easy Halloween treats. These Halloween sugar cookies fit the bill perfectly. especially if you use the premade mix as I did. Once dressed up and drenched in chocolate, these candy corn cookies make adorable Halloween treats for kids and adults. Here is how to make them for your favorite trick or treaters.
** This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.**
How To Make These Halloween Treats
Ingredients for Candy Corn Sugar Cookies
- 1 Package Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 egg
- Bakers Dipping Chocolate
- 1 package Wilton’s White Chocolate Melts
- 1 package Wilton’s Candy Eyes
- Orange Food Coloring
Supplies You Will Need for Halloween Cookies
How To Make Your Halloween Sugar Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare cookie sheets with wax paper or silicone baking mats.
- Melt butter in microwave. 20 seconds or less should do it.
- Stir melted butter and egg into sugar cookie mix per the directions.
- Gently add in food coloring until you reach your desired color being careful not to overwork your dough.
- Roll out dough and press cookies with your cookie cutter then place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Place in refrigerator for five to ten minutes.
- Bake as directed on package. (Mine were done in 7 minutes.)
- Move to a cooling rack and wait for them to cool completely.
- Prepare another baking sheet with wax paper or silicone baking mats.
- Prepare your milk chocolate as directed.
- Dip the wide end of your cooled cookies into the melted milk chocolate and place on prepared cookie sheets.
- Place in refrigerator for twenty minutes.
- Prepare white chocolate as package directs. (Hint- use the defrost setting on your microwave and check and stir the chocolate every ten to fifteen seconds to prevent it from seizing.)
- Dip the top of the cookies in the white chocolate and return to the cookie sheet.
- Immediately place the eyes on the white chocolate and then move on to the next one until done.
- Place back in the refrigerator for about ten minutes. Cookies are ready once your chocolate has set.
These are adorable Halloween sweets. They are perfect for Halloween parties or just as a fun surprise for your family and friends this Halloween.
Other Posts For You
- Rice Krispie Ghost Treats Recipe
- Fall Crafts For Kids Of Every Age To Create
- Fall Date Ideas
- Fall Dinner Party Menu Ideas
- Delicious and Easy Crockpot Apple Butter Spread Recipe
The Latest from Geez, Gwen!
- Educational Trips To Keep Your Family Learning All Year Long
- Really Cute Halloween Costumes You Can Get Fast
- Fall Crockpot Recipes – Easy Slow Cooker Meals
- Top Fifteen Unique Halloween Costume Ideas for Kids
- How To Start A Nature Journal With Your Kids
Thanks for visiting Geez, Gwen today! We are so glad you found us! We are not believers in coincidence so we are confident you are here for a reason! Perhaps we can offer you tasty recipes? Maybe our inspirational quotes are just what you need in your life! Perhaps you’ve been wondering where to take that family vacation? Maybe you want to know the truth about what us homeschoolers really do all day! Maybe you love photography and see it as an art, just like me! Whatever it is, it’s clearly Destiny at its finest! Don’t let this opening door of opportunity slam shut! Run through by subscribing to our newsletter.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
Some posts on this blog contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission whenever a product is purchased through these links. Occasionally I receive products in exchange for a review or giveaway post. The owner of this website, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking http://geezgwen.com to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. However, all opinions expressed on Geez Gwen are solely my own, and I only suggest products or services that I believe will be helpful to my readers.